- 1 lb venison, ground
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cups peas
- 2 lb red potatoes
- 0.5 cups almond milk
- 0.5 cups beef stock (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
Time in the Kitchen
- Prep. Time 10 min.
- Cooking Time 45 min.
- Total Time 55 to 60 min.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean and trim the potatoes, leave the skins on. Cut and cook (boil) until tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to steam dry for several minutes. Heat the milk and butter until warm, then add to the potatoes. Mash!
- While the potatoes are cooking, crumble and cook the ground beef in a skillet. Drain and move the beef to a bowl.
- While the beef is cooking, chop the onions and any other vegetables that need chopping.
- When the beef is done and removed, add the butter or oil to the skillet. Add to the skillet the vegetables that require the most cooking time such as onions and carrots. Cook until tender, adding other vegetables at the end of cooking time.
- When all the vegetables are just tender add the broth, salt, pepper, parsley and the reserved beef. Mix together and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Place the beef and vegetable mixture in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the mashed potatoes evenly on top, spreading out to the edges.
- Use a fork to create lines and peaks in the potatoes (for nice browning). Bake for 30 min at 400°F.