- 4 Large bananas
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- .75 cups Shortening
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups Unbleached flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking soda
- .75 cups Sour milk
Time in the Kitchen
- Prep. Time 30 min.
- Cooking Time 55 min.
- Total Time 85 to 90 min.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar together with a handheld mixer.
- Add 3 beaten eggs (optionally, add a pinch of salt).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl, alternatively mixing with the sour milk.
- Mix in 4 – 5 soft bananas until almost smooth.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans, then bake at 350° for 55 – 60 minutes.