- 2 eggs
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large red onion
- 3 cups cooked wild rice, warm
- 3 garlic cloves
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 cups greek yogurt, plain
- 0.33 cups grated parmesan cheese
Time in the Kitchen
- Prep. Time 10 min.
- Cooking Time 70 min.
- Total Time 80 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Rub a medium-large baking dish with a bit of olive oil or butter and set aside. The pan I use is slightly smaller than a classic 9×13 baking dish — just grab for something in this ballpark.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat sauté the mushrooms in a glug of olive oil sprinkled with a couple pinches of salt. Stir every minute or so until the mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit. Add the onions and cook for another 4 or 5 minutes or until they are translucent. Stir in the garlic, cook for another minute and remove from heat. Add the rice to the skillet and stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, and salt.
- Combine the rice mixture and cottage cheese mixture in a large bowl, stir until well combined and then turn out into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 2⁄3 of the Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 or 30 minutes more or hot throughout and golden along the edges. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, and toasted almonds (and/or tarragon) and enjoy.